passing flags to commands

Jim Chivas j_chivas at langara.bc.ca
Fri May 30 15:04:17 EDT 2003

Greetings:

I have the follwoing setup. I want to be able to run a command but I
want to restrict the options that can be passed to this command.

The format of the coomand I want the user to run is:

/usr/bin/chuser	account_locked=true [unx]*

I have setup suders file as follows:

User_Alias	SYSOP	=	sysop

Cmnd_Alias SYSOP_CMNDS1	= /usr/bin/chuser [account_locked=true]	[unx]*

SYSOP   ALL = NOPASSWD: SYSOP_CMNDS1

Question:

1. what will the sudo user need to type to get this command to run
correctly. I have tried:

sudo chuser account_locked=true unx8300

But I then get asked for password which I don't want or shouldn't need.

2. I was hoping I could get the user to enter:

sudo chuser unx8300 and have the 'account_locked=true' part be generated
by sudo.

Is this possible or does the user have to enter the complete command as
entered in the sudoers file?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Jim

Jim Chivas                              email:  jchivas at langara.bc.ca
Information And Computing services      fax:    (604) 323-5349
Langara College                         Voice:  (604) 323-5390
100 West 49th  Avenue                   http://www.langara.bc.ca
Vancouver, B.C., Canada
V5Y 2Z6