[sudo-users] checksumming allowed scripts

Munich ZZ-MUC-Bilbo mucbilbo at amadeus.net
Wed Jun 15 03:59:40 EDT 2005

Hi helpers,

many thanks for your replies; now I know what to do;-)

Best regards,
Roman

From:   Russell Van Tassell <russell+sudo-users at loosenut.com>  on
14-06-2005 12:57 MST

To:
"Ladner, Eric (Eric.Ladner)" <Eric.Ladner at chevrontexaco.com>

cc:
"Todd C. Miller" <Todd.Miller at courtesan.com>
Munich ZZ-MUC-Bilbo <mucbilbo at amadeus.net>
sudo-users at sudo.ws

Re: [sudo-users] checksumming allowed scripts

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 01:36:01PM -0500, Ladner, Eric (Eric.Ladner)
wrote:
> Tripwire does that already (there's still a free version of it, isn't
> there?).  Keep them all in one place and monitor that directory.  Viola.
>
> Eric Ladner, Systems Analyst
> RFMS IT Support

Agreed... there are other tools that do a much more complete/solid job
of this and are easy easy to obtain/use... tripwire, Aide, and probably
many others.  In desperation, a simple shell script wrapped around
OpenSSL with an md5sum stored in a "secure" location can do the job in
the meantime.

--
Russell M. Van Tassell
russell at loosenut.com

"Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you remember."
                                                         -- Oscar Levant