[sudo-users] sudo/ AIX /sulog

delfina.fanty at sungard.com delfina.fanty at sungard.com
Wed May 24 14:00:27 EDT 2006

All of my aix systems, when you login with your userid and su to root, the
sulog shows root root instead of useridx root.  I looked at a couple of
solaris systems and this isn't happening there.

I think the problem is with sudo on AIX.  I tried a couple of things:  If
you force the command /usr/bin/su -, then it logs it correctly in sulog. I
thought it may be the alias setup, but when I try to use sudo su -, it
logged it as root root in sulog.

I have different version of sudo running on AIX and the same versions
running on Solaris.  Versions 1.6.3p6 and 1.6.7p5.

Has anyone experienced this or know why it could be happening?

Thanks.

Del Fanty * UNIX System Administrator * SunGard Computer Services * 600
Laurel Oak Road, Voorhees, NJ, 08043
Tel 856-782-5782

CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain
disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error,