[sudo-users] script runs using sudo but not as root

Russell Van Tassell russell+sudo-users at loosenut.com
Thu Jan 22 04:34:23 EST 2009

Well, cfengine still "keeps state" based on when it last ran, what it
did, etc... and it generally uses BDB to do so (I believe that it
normally ends up in /var/cfengine, but many installations, particularly
old ones, seem to change that spot).

So here, it sounds like cfagent *might* be missing a shared symbol or
library from the Berkeley DB distro...  and again, that might be tied
to NFS and/or permissions.  Or it can be as simple as a shared library
and/or / dynamic linker path (maybe a homedir change that messed that
up).  But it doesn't sounds like a sudo issue, directly...

You can try "ldd" on the cfengine binaries under different user ids, and
maybe see if something turns up missing, there... that might give you
some additional hints as to what's going on here.

--
Russell M. Van Tassell
russell at loosenut.com

"My expectations were reduced to zero when I was 21. Everything since
 then has been a bonus."                              -- Stephen Hawking