[sudo-users] Sudo performance with LDAP netgroups in /etc/sudoers

Patrick Spinler spinler.patrick at mayo.edu
Thu Jan 28 22:02:25 EST 2010

Sorry for continuing to follow up to myself.  I've managed, with some
advice, to track down a likely culprit, and it's all in our configuration.

Our clients appear to experience some not insignificant delay
negotiating TLS encryption on the ldap channel.  When I turn tls off in
my /etc/ldap.conf, my "sudo -l" times reliably fall to about 0.5
seconds.  That's something very tolerable.

Now, I just need to figure out if there's a way to improve that.
Unfortunately for me, we can't just drop TLS/SSL

Thanks anyway.
- -- Pat