[sudo-users] no valid sudoers sources found - trying to get sudo working with ldap

george george at blue-bolt.com
Mon Sep 20 09:41:54 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I have an LDAP server running openldap-2.3.43-12.el5_5.2 against which
my test users are able to authenticate. I have since installed the sudo
scheme and I built sudo-ldap using the mkpg tools that comes with the
sudo source files and installed the rpm generated from this. In
/etc/nsswitch.conf I have the line:

sudoers: ldap

and /etc/openldap/ldap.conf

I have the following in my ldap.conf

sudoers_base ou=SUDOers,dc=unmarkedtek,dc=com

When I run sudo with one of my users I get the error:

"no valid sudoers sources found"

Please could someone recommend the next course of action to resolve this.

I also have installed:

sudo-ldap-1.7.4-5.el5
openldap-2.3.43-12.el5_5.2
openldap-servers-2.3.43-12.el5_5.2