[sudo-users] LDAP problem

JR Aquino JR.Aquino at citrix.com
Mon Aug 29 15:51:28 EDT 2011

Try ln -s /etc/ldap.conf /etc/pam_ldap.conf as well.

Nss is used to lookup the roles for "authorization"

Pam is used for the "authentication"

This is just a hunch, but it seems that you have older working RHEL clients working and it sounds like the move to 6 is fairly new.

The "appropriate fix" that my friends at Redhat would want me to say is:
You'd want to put the separate appropriate ldap info into each of the conf files.

But the symlink should at least get you further.

-JR