[sudo-users] setuid

David Flatley dflatley at us.ibm.com
Wed Jul 10 09:51:06 MDT 2013

   Installed 1.8.7p1 on a RHEL 5.5 system and when I do sudo in any form I
get "Sudo: effective uid is not 0, is sudo installed setuid root"
I did a find on "sudo" files to compare permissions with a working system
and they are the same. Double checked the hash value of the
downloaded rpm. If I sign in as root I get the right output from sudo -V.
Any ideas before I remove and install sudo again.
    Thanks.

David Flatley
"To err is human. To really screw up requires the root password." -UNKNOWN