[sudo-users] Mailing list update and enhancement request

Todd C. Miller Todd.Miller at sudo.ws
Sat Mar 30 09:12:09 MDT 2024

On Sat, 30 Mar 2024 04:42:16 -0000, Leroy Tennison via sudo-users wrote:

> Previously i subscribed at leroy at datavoiceint.com, I no longer have
> access to that email (if it even exists), please delete the account.

That account is not subscribed.  It was probably unsubscribed
automatically some time ago due to bounced messages.

> I just noticed on Ubuntu 22.04 that the /etc/sudoers.d files don't
> have to be edited with visudo and don't have to meet sudoers standards
> - the files created there can be world-readable and, since visudo
> isn't required, it's protections don't apply.  Should this be fixed?
> If not, why?

The intented use of /etc/sudoers.d was for packages to be able to
create files there for specific accounts created as part of the
package installation.

If a file in /etc/sudoers.d doesn't have the correct owner or file
permissions it will be ignored.