[sudo-workers] sudo and ldap-only: uid not found

Markus Rennings news at rennings.net
Sun Nov 27 15:07:50 EST 2005

Hello,

in the last days I noticed a problem on one of my (private) computers. In my
LAN there is one box which get its users only from ldap - in the /etc/passwd
are only the standard ones (e. g. root, bin, ...).

Log-in is working correctly, but I can't use sudo:

| $ sudo ls
| sudo: uid 1000 does not exist in the passwd file!

System is gentoo-linux (x86).

#v+
# uid 1000 is username 'mr'
$ getent passwd | grep mr
mr:x:1000:100:mr:/home/mr:/bin/bash

 $ emerge -pv app-admin/sudo
Calculating dependencies ...done!
[ebuild   R   ] app-admin/sudo-1.6.8_p9-r2  +ldap +offensive +pam (-selinux)
-skey 0 kB

#v-

I found nothing helpful with google. :(

Any hint?