sudo-tools version 1.0 now available

Alek O. Komarnitsky alek at komar.org
Mon Mar 27 13:18:20 EST 2000

After seeing Todd's announcement about sudo 1.6.3 being formally released,
I was motivated to increment the version number of the sudo-tools stuff and
call it an "official" 1.0 release rather than the "Beta" I've used the last
several months.

sudo-tools includes:
   - sudolog-usage: Slices/dices the sudolog (syslog output from sudo) better
                    than a Ron-ko-Matic from K-tel and summarizes who used
                    sudo on what hosts.
   - sudoers-lint:  Slices/dices the sudoers files in various ways so you can
                    see if any "cruff" has accumulated in there and/or
                    "orphaned" entries.

They are just two Perl scripts and VERY simple to install/configure/run ...

You can snarf a tarball from the link off of the sudo home page at:
   http://www.courtesan.com/sudo/   ->  Sudo Tools
or directly from my web page at:
   http://www.komar.org/komar/alek/  ->  Misc. Tech Stuff  ->  Sudo Tools

Thanx for the feedback/suggestions/etc. I've gotten the last couple of months
and more are always welcome.

alek