[sudo-announce] Sudosh version 1.3.4 is now available

Doug Hanks dhanks at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 01:33:36 EDT 2004

Sudosh version 1.3.4 is now available.

http://freshmeat.net/projects/sudosh/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sudosh/

(freshmeat is slow on file releases; sf is always current)

Major changes since Sudosh version 1.3.2:
 o Corrected major security hole in the SHELL environment variable.
   I correctly set the (char *) shell that was cross-referenced with
   /etc/shells, but during the prepchild I was still using the old
   SHELL environment variable.

   I went a further step and used the execle() syscall with an empty
   (char *) so that shell doesn't inherit any environment variables
   from the calling user.

--
- Doug Hanks = dhanks(at)gmail(dot)com