New users / Reset of passwd

Benjamin Lee ben at power-net.com.au
Mon Apr 10 20:30:11 EDT 2000

Hi,

I'm new to the list, and with no archives this question may have been
asked before.

I need to provide one person with the ability to add new users (only
popusers with /bin/false as shell) and also allowed to reset passwds for
the popuser group.

I was thinking about using a very simple shell script for adding users. It
would just call 'newusers' with a username : passwd and the rest would be
defaulted to 231 group, etc. Is there anything insecure about this
solution?

The resetting of passwds seems a little harder. Does anyone have any
suggestions?

Sincerely,
Ben

| Benjamin Lee                                 |                        |
| Internet Administrator                       |  Mobile:  0416 122 779 |
| PowerNET Computer Consultants P/L            |  Fax:   +613 9425 9091 |
| 50 Madden Grove, Burnley 3121 VIC Australia  |  Phone: +613 9425 9090 |

Reality is for people who lack imagination.