autofs mounts always get mounted on sudo. why ?

john_farinelli at hp.com john_farinelli at hp.com
Tue Aug 8 11:09:00 EDT 2000

Hello,

We have an environment that uses autofs (dynamic mounts like automount). If I
start with the system where non of the NFS mounts defined in our auto.direct
file are mounted, then I run sudo, I find that ALL of the mounts are now
mounted. I have checked the PATH variable for the user we are sudo-ing to, and
find nothing that looks in these locations. Furthermore, if I "su -" to that
user no NFS mounts get put in place.

We are using version : CU Sudo version 1.5.6p5.

Can anyone explain why this is happening and suggest a resolution ?

Thanks,

John Farinelli