Question using netgroup and sudo on NCR platform

Navin Jain JainN at franklins.com.au
Wed Aug 23 05:00:19 EDT 2000

Hi All,

We are using the sudo version 1.5.9p2 on three platforms via HP-UX 11.0, DEC
OSF1 4.0D and NCR Unix 3.0.2.
Recently we implemented the NIS on the NCR machines. All is working ok with
in NIS, except that in /etc/sudoers
does not recognise any command permission for netgroup.

I will try to explain it by examples:

Let us assume that a user jainn belongs to a netgroup sysadmin.
A line in /etc/sudoers
+sysadmin    ALL=(ALL) ALL

will give permission for all commands to the user jainn on HP-UX and DEC
servers but not NCR Unix.

If we change the sudoers to:

User_Alias    SYSUSER=jainn

SYSUSER    ALL=(ALL) ALL

every thing works fine on all three platform.

Also, I have noticed that even %group is not working on the NCR platform.

Has any one seem similar problem with NCR Unix.

Any pointers or suggestion are much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
--
Navin Jain
Snr Unix Systems Admin