Compiling for SCO 3.2

Marillier, Allan Allan.Marillier at dana.com
Wed Aug 30 12:36:47 EDT 2000

I am trying (unsuccessfully) to compile sudo1.6.3p5
for SCO 3.2

I've never had problems compiling any sudo release on
HP-UX or AIX. The C compiler appears to be functioning
properly, but I found that a whole bunch of include files were
not found. I ftpd them over from an HP (far from ideal, I know!)
and now make fails with the following errors:

        cc -c -I. -I.  -g -D_PATH_SUDOERS=\"/etc/sudoers\" -D_PATH_SUDOERS_TMP=\"/etc/sudoers.tmp\" -DSUDOERS_UID=0 -DSUDOERS_GID=0 -DSUDOERS_MODE=0440  interfaces.c
interfaces.c
/usr/include/sys/spinlock.h(77) : error C2086: 'lock_t' : redefinition
/usr/include/sys/ki_calls.h(250) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'kt_t'
*** Error code 2

Both spinlock.h and ki_calls.h were among the 19 missing include
files on the system, so I'm not really surprised that I still have more
errors after taking the files from an HP.

Can anybody give me any clues? Or just as good, please send me
a compiled copy of sudo and visudo that will run on SCO 3.2
if you have it. I don't need the man pages and sample sudoers as
I already have all that.

Thanks!