Manual install?

Mark Gabanyicz mgabanyicz at itsusnow.com
Mon Dec 11 14:44:25 EST 2000

Hello All -

I am trying to install sudo on a minimal install of Solaris 7.  I added Gnu make, but the install fails with:
./install-sh:  strip:  not found
make:  *** [install-binaries]  Error 1

And yes, the strip binary is not part of the install image...

I can understand the steps from the "Makefile", but I don't understand all the steps (or their necessity) in the install-sh file.  I would like to be able to just manually create the subdirs, adjust the permissions, and not have to fix the execution of the "make" install process.

Thanks!

Mark Gabanyicz  MCNE, MCSE, CCSE, NCIA
SMARTeam (Security Management and Response Team) Lead
Ideal Technology Solutions - "An E-business service provider"
1-248-398-5500 x233
http://www.ItsUsNow.com/
-----
Of course, fortune has its part in human affairs
but conduct is really much more important. -- Jeanne Detourbey