Do I understand sudo correctly?

eric_forgette at vapower.com eric_forgette at vapower.com
Tue Feb 22 15:18:09 EST 2000

Hey Chris.
     I don't suggest ever giving someone super user access to run a script, too
big of a security hole.
If you get creative with the students' user names, you wont need a a script.  If
you start your student's user names with stud, you could allow your teachers to
use the following alias:

Cmnd_Alias      UNIXPASS=/usr/bin/passwd stud????
Cmnd_Alias      SAMBAPASS=/usr/bin/smbpasswd stud????

They could then do...

sudo passwd studmary

Hope this helps!

Eric