First time sudo user having difficulties..

Faisal Azfar fazfar at puma.mt.att.com
Thu Feb 24 18:53:11 EST 2000

Hi  sudo experts :)
I'm a first time sudo user, having just donwloaded and installed it .
I have even setup the /etc/sudoers file ( using visudo )
and have given user 'lab' permission to use the '/etc/reboot' command .

The '/etc/sudoers' file looks like this:

> ls -l sudoers
> -r--r-----   1 root     root         661 Feb 24 18:36 sudoers
>

> Cmnd_Alias   REBOOT = /etc/reboot
>
> # Host_Alias   SERVER = farmer
>

> # Command and host aliases defined above
>
> root    ALL=(ALL) ALL
>

> # Defaults:lab     requiretty
> Defaults:root    !root_sudo
> Defaults:lab     mail_always
> Defaults:lab     insults
> Defaults         syslog=auth
> # Defaults:lab     !authenticate
> # Defaults at SERVER  logfile=/var/log/sudo.log
>

> lab    ALL = REBOOT

I have commented out a few options for now but they did work before (i.e
the logfile option)
ALso, logging as user lab and doing a 'sudo -l'
gives a

'User lab may run the following commands on this host :
   (root) /etc/reboot'

however it doesn';t reboot the system,,
any suggestions ??

thanks a lot