Cmnd_Alias and accessing sub-directories

Robert C. Grigsby rgrigsby at airmail.net
Sun Jul 30 12:23:38 EDT 2000

I have searched the sudo list archives and not found an answer to this question.

Using Cmnd_Alias, I need to allow the application architect access to /apps
and its subdirectories. Many developers have come and gone and the ownerships
and groups are mostly different.

I have tried the following:

Cmnd_Alias    AAADMIN = /usr/bin/vi /apps/*/*/*/*/*
Cmnd_Alias    AAADMIN = /usr/bin/vi /apps/[A-z]*

None of the above commands has been successful.

Can you setup Cmnd_Alias to access subdirectories or is this a limitation.
The man pages do not indicate how to do this or I am overlooking it.

Thank You,
Robert Grigsby