shells and pipes

Hanson, James J JJHanson at directvgla.com
Wed Jun 14 13:15:34 EDT 2000

Hello,

I've got a few questions:

1) How can you stop users from shelling out of such things a vi
   session and starting a new shell as root

2) Redirects and pipes seem to lose the root permissions, anyway
   around this

3) I have aliases configured to do sudi='sudo -u informix', which seems
   to work fine unless I try to use sudi in a shell script.  Am I forced
   to source in this alias with every script I attempt this

This tool is makes it so much easier to work wearing dual hats, like
sys admin and dba.  I can execute one command as root and the next as
Informix, all from my own private user/history etc....!!!  Thanks for
the great utility!

Jim