The archive sudoers

Vagner Paulo vpaulo at nortelnetworks.com
Fri Jun 16 15:14:50 EDT 2000

Hi People,

I am a new user of  sudo here in Brazil. I installed  the version 1.6.3 of
sudo in the workstation  HP-UX 10-20.
When I used the visudo command to edit the archive etc/sudoers, the
following message of error is occurring:

# visudo
sh: visudo:  not found.

Then, I used the vi editor, and the archive  etc/sudoers was thus:

# sudoers file.
#
# This file MUST be edited with the 'visudo' command as root.
#
# See the sudoers man page for the details on how to write a sudoers file.
#
# Host alias specification
Host_Alias WORKSTATIONS=wwnbh00h, wwnbh00j, wwnbh00k
# User alias specification
User_Alias USER=aualmeid, claudiol, gmaeda, vapaulo
# Cmnd alias specification
Cmnd_Alias= shutdown, reboot, kill, chown, zcat, ftp, rtp
# Runas alias specification
Runas_Alias ROOT=root
# User privilege specification
USER WORKSTATIONS= (ROOT) COMAND
#root   ALL=(ALL) ALL
#

The edition is correct ? If not, how I can use visudo ?

Regards,

Vagner R. de Paulo
Nortel Networks - R&D
Brazil Tecnology Center - BTC