sudo-expect problem

Ernesto Freyre sudo at alfaqnet.qnet.com.pe
Thu Mar 2 20:20:06 EST 2000

Dear users :

I have a problem developing a program, because when I execute a system
privileged command trough sudo will appear the "Password:" prompt, my
programm should be able to tell the respective password interactively,
therefore I am using "expect" for this task. However I don't know why at
the time my programm send the password nothing happens.

I don't know if this a problem for sudo or for expect ?, But I also would
want know if exist a way for send the password on the same command line
that is calling to sudo.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards.

Ernesto Freyre