sudo 1.6.2 on HP/UX trusted systems

O'Brien, Sean P. spobrien at kraft.com
Tue Mar 14 13:41:23 EST 2000

Hello Sudo users.

I'm having problems getting sudo 1.6.2 to work on our HP/UX trusted systems.
I've verified that the appropriate shadow password functions are listed and
applied the latest patches.  But every time I run sudo it asks for the
password, then tells me it's bad, even though I know that it is the correct
password.

We are having problems on both 10.20 and 11.00 systems that are trusted.
Untrusting the systems allows Sudo to work again.

Is anyone out there running it on trusted HP/UX systems?

Sean O'Brien
IS Unix Consultant @ Kraft Corporation