Greetings from the great beyond...

Alek O. Komarnitsky alek at ast.lmco.com
Wed Mar 15 08:54:57 EST 2000

> From: Matthew Hannigan <Matthew.Hannigan at nl.abnamro.com>
> Subject: Re: Greetings from the great beyond...
> To: sudo-users <sudo-users at courtesan.com>
>

> > >           Has rdist or NIS been used for this by any other
> > >           Co.?
> >
> > Rdist works fine for us - see my presentation available at the sudo home
> > page or at:
> >    http://www.komar.org/   ->  Misc. Tech Stuff
> >
> > alek
>

> Good slides Alek.

Thanx ... I hope they are helpful for folks ... I tried to show
how sudo is used in a real-world environment situation.

BTW, I should say we rdist to about 120 "Servers" which then provide
the sudoers file via NFS to 1,000+ clients ... but only ONE golden
sudoers file everywhere. Was a bit of work "getting there" ...   ;-)
and that's why I wrote "sudo-tools" (sudoers-line and sudo-usage) to
try to keep the sudoers file semi-clean.

I also meant to add that I don't believe sudo has the capability to
have the sudoers file via NIS - I think this is on Todd's todo list
for version 2.0 (i.e. someday!  ;-) ... pls correct if wrong Todd.

> For the "passwords in the clear" problem, I'd
> suggest ssh.  But that's another topic/mailing list.

Oh yeah!!!!!   ;-)

alek