restricting within command

Matthew Hannigan Matthew.Hannigan at nl.abnamro.com
Mon Mar 20 10:17:27 EST 2000

Depends a lot on what user-name is on the NO_PASSWDS_CMNDS alias.

It would have to include user bin for instance, because that account
owns most of the binaries (easy to introduce trojans), and on some
unixes user bin can edit /etc/passwd.  I think you would have to
enumerate every account with uid less than say, 20.   Then there
are a lot of semi-admin accounts like those used for patrol
tivoli, openview etc. that are very sensitive. (i.e. compromising
them could lead to root privileges).

Best to explicitly allow and default deny than the other way around,
and I don't think you can do that with the sudousers syntax.

Regards,
	-Matt

Martin_Scott at compuware.com on 20/03/2000 15:47:00