sudo should have option for clearing the env

Hein Roehrig hein at acm.org
Tue May 9 12:56:53 EDT 2000

Package: sudo
Version: 1.6.2p2-1
Severity: wishlist

Hello,

after reading the documentation and browsing the sudo-users mailing
list archive it appears to me that there is no way to clear
environment variables beyond the cleaning of "dangerous" variables.
Two other variables have bitten me in the past: TMPDIR and TZ.
Therefore I would prefer (at least optionally) to start with a clean
environment and specify which variables should be carried over
(possibly renamed).

What do you think? Would there be interest in a patch?

-Hein