sudo should have option for clearing the env

Matthew.Hannigan at nl.abnamro.com Matthew.Hannigan at nl.abnamro.com
Mon May 15 11:02:58 EDT 2000

Hein,

I think that that would be a worthwhile patch.

You may be able to achieve what
you're after by using the env command,
but it would make for a ugly sudoers line.

-Matt

hein at acm.org on 09/05/2000 18:56:53

To:   submit at bugs.debian.org, sudo-users at courtesan.com
cc:    (bcc: Matthew Hannigan/NL/ABNAMRO/NL)
Subject:  sudo should have option for clearing the env

Package: sudo
Version: 1.6.2p2-1
Severity: wishlist

Hello,

after reading the documentation and browsing the sudo-users mailing
list archive it appears to me that there is no way to clear
environment variables beyond the cleaning of "dangerous" variables.
Two other variables have bitten me in the past: TMPDIR and TZ.
Therefore I would prefer (at least optionally) to start with a clean
environment and specify which variables should be carried over
(possibly renamed).

What do you think? Would there be interest in a patch?

-Hein