sudo logging

murray.barton at police.wa.gov.au murray.barton at police.wa.gov.au
Wed Nov 1 04:08:14 EST 2000

Hi,
I am having some trouble getting sudo to log.

OS is solaris 8.

I have solaris 8 sudo binary from sunfreeware

root at host# sudo -v
CU Sudo version 1.5.9p4

I have the following entry in /etc/syslog.conf
# logging for sudo
local2.debug    /var/log/sudolog

and I restarted syslogd
root at hosts# kill -HUP `cat /etc/syslog.pid`

/var/log/sudolog exists.

Any help would be mucho appreciated.

I am not subscribed to the list, I will summarise if required.

thanks & regards
Murray

This email message and any attached files may contain information that is
confidential and subject of legal privilege intended only for use by the individual
or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the
person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient be
advised that you have received this message in error and that any use, copying,
circulation, forwarding, printing or publication of this message or attached files is
strictly forbidden, as is the disclosure of the information contained therein.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete it from your Inbox.