Always the same message : Sorry, sudo must be setuid root

Vergnes, Laurent laurent.vergnes at eds.com
Wed Oct 25 03:06:23 EDT 2000

Hello,

I installed Sudo 1-6-3 on HPUX 11.00 servers many times and i want to
install Sudo on HPUX 11.00 servers with NIS+.

I have a warning message during the make operation which is the following :

/usr/ccs/bin/cc -o sudo check.o getspwuid.o goodpath.o fileops.o find_path.o
interfaces.o  logging.o parse.o sudo.o sudo_setenv.o tgetpass.o  sudo_auth.o
passwd.o secureware.o sudo.tab.o lex.yy.o alloc.o defaults.o fnmatch.o
snprintf.o   -lsec
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: (Warning) At least one PA 2.0 object file (check.o) was
detected. The linked output may not run on a PA 1.x system.
        /usr/ccs/bin/cc -c -I. -I.  -D_HPUX_SOURCE -g
-D_PATH_SUDOERS=\"/etc/sudoers\" -D_PATH_SUDOERS_TMP=\"/etc/sudoers.tmp\"
-DSUDOERS_UID=0 -DSUDOERS_GID=0 -DSUDOERS_MODE=0440  visudo.c
(Bundled) cc: warning 480: The -g option is available only with the C/ANSI C
product; ignored.
        /usr/ccs/bin/cc -o visudo visudo.o fileops.o sudo.tab.o lex.yy.o
alloc.o defaults.o fnmatch.o snprintf.o
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: (Warning) At least one PA 2.0 object file (visudo.o) was
detected. The linked output may not run on a PA 1.x system.

The command "make install" works well. But when i try to type a command like
"sudo exportfs -v" i have the error message : Sorry, sudo must be setuid
root.
I verified configuration as it is specified in the FAQ section on the Web
but everything seems OK.

Thanks a lot for your help.

VERGNES Laurent

EDS Nanterre