Trouble running sudo commands

Cynthia Ritchie Cynthia.Ritchie at noaa.gov
Thu Sep 21 13:29:07 EDT 2000

Here is my problem, I have set up two commands for myself to use:  ADDUSER and
CLONE.   ADDUSER works fine and dandy, but CLONE keeps giving me this error.
Notice I have NOPASSWD invoked, yet is continues to prompt me for my password. I
have set my $PATH to the location of the sudo command and the CLONE command.

Does anyone have any ideas?  I sure could use some new ones.

Thanks

Cynthia

# visudo
# sudoers file.
#
# This file MUST be edited with the 'visudo' command as root.
#
# See the sudoers man page for the details on how to write a sudoers file.
#

##
# Runas Alial Specification
##
Runas_Alias     OP = root, operator

##
# Host alias specification
##
Host_Alias      ALPHA   = hostname

##
# User alias specification
##

##
# Cmnd alias specification
##
Cmnd_Alias      CLONE = /usr/local/bin/CreateCloneCmd
Cmnd_Alias      ADDUSER = /usr/sbin/adduser

##
# User privilege specification
##

#root and users in system group can run anything on any machines as any user
root    ALL=(ALL) ALL
%system All=(ALL) ALL

#cynthia has permission to run these commands without a password
cynthia ALPHA=(OP) NOPASSWD: CLONE, ADDUSER
:q
visudo: sudoers file unchanged.
# exit
hostname(cynthia)> sudo clone
Password:
cynthia is not allowed to run sudo on camsbkup.  This incident will be reported.
hostname(cynthia)>