visudo error

Dana Kaempen decay at flash.net
Tue Aug 7 14:16:08 EDT 2001

pzorbaci at ykb.com wrote:
> I installed sudo on Aix 4.3.3 but I got this messages
> [root at icdm02]</usr/include>visudo
> exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program /usr/sudo/sudo-1.6.3p7/visudo because
> of the following errors:
>         0509-150   Dependent module libc.a(shr.o) could not be loaded.
>         0509-022 Cannot load module libc.a(shr.o).
>         0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path name does
> not exist.
I'd bet you don't have a clean/complete install of 4.3.3 - I know because I had this same problem w/the same OS.  In my case, we had HACMP partially loaded on a system where we didn't need/want it installed.  Since the full set of HACMP software wasn't loaded, the system modules were only partially updated when we went to AIX 4.3.3 from 4.3.2, resulting in a weird blend of old & new libraries.  I found the conflict, deinstalled HACMP, put the 4.3.3 CDs back in, did a "smit update_all" and fed in
the requested CDs.  After rebooting (possibly before), sudo worked fine.

To verify your level, do the following checks:
lppchk -v		(If up to date, should return no output)
oslevel -l 4.3.3.0	(If up to date, should return no output)

Dana
--
..d..ecay

mailto:decay at flash.net