Sudo alerts on password failure.

WHITING Russell R.Whiting at hermes.co.uk
Wed Dec 12 11:36:43 EST 2001

Hi,

I have the number of password attempts a user gets to enter their password
set to 3. If the users fails 3 times it displays an error message on screen
and puts an entry into the log files. My question is, is there an alert for
this. I get emails sent to me for successful attempts and failed attempts,
but I don't get any when this scenario occurs.

Many thanks

Russell.

Hermes Administration Services Ltd
Lloyds Chambers, 1 Portsoken St, London E1 8HZ
Tel (main): 020 7702 0888	Tel (direct): 020 7680 2128
Fax (main): 020 7702 9452	Fax (direct):
E-mail: R.Whiting at hermes.co.uk

This document, together with any attachments, is for the exclusive
and confidential use of the recipient addressee. Any other distribution,
use or reproduction without our prior consent is unauthorised and
strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the sender by telephone immediately.
Registered in England No.3008864

This is an email communication from Hermes Pensions Management Ltd. Registered in England No. 1661776.

This electronic mail, together with any attachments, is for the exclusive and confidential use of the recipient addressee. Any other distribution, use or reproduction without our prior consent is unauthorised and strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please delete it immediately and contact the sender directly or the Hermes IT Helpdesk on +44 (0)20 7680 2117.   Any views or opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Hermes Pensions Management Ltd or of any of its associated companies. No reliance may be placed on this message without written confirmation from an authorised representative of the company.

Hermes Pensions Management Limited reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its network.

This message has been checked for viruses but the recipient is strongly advised to rescan the message before opening any attachments or attached executable files.