SUMMARY: Different log files in sudo?

Salum, Felipe felipe.salum at eds.com
Wed Dec 26 13:13:08 EST 2001

Hi people.

I was reading some sun documents and I found the way to log root commands
after the user changed to root by "sudo su -" or just "su -" with the root
password.

Resuming my problem, I needed to log all the commands that the users typed
as admin privileges. The solution is to use SUDO so the admin users do not
need know the root password by using the "sudo su -" command and to log what
they did after this command I have tested BSM (Basic Security Module) that
comes with solaris operating system.

You can get more information how to set this in the URLs above:

http://www.sun.com/blueprints/0201/audit_config.pdf
http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1362

BSM is really cool :)

Thanks to all.