SUDO INSTALLATION PROBLEMS!!

Lu!s Croker lcroker at unix.megared.net.mx
Thu Feb 8 12:29:02 EST 2001

   Hi everybody....

   I'm trying to install SUDO on SUN solaris 8 server...
these are  the steps..

#gunzip sudo-1.6.3.tar.gz
#tar -xvf sudo-1.6.3.tar
#cd sudo-1.6.3
#set PREFIX=/usr/local
#./configure     --with-CC=/usr/local/bin/gcc \
                --sysconfdir=${PREFIX}/etc \
                --disable-log-wrap \
                --with-ignore-dot \
                --with-tty-tickets \
                --with-env-editor \
                --disable-root-sudo
#make

   When I exectute make,  the compilation crashs.... and say me this:

/usr/local/bin/gcc -o sudo check.o getspwuid.o goodpath.o fileops.o
find_path.o interfaces.o logging.o parse.o sudo.o sudo_setenv.o tgetpass.o
sudo_auth.o  passwd.o sudo.tab.o lex.yy.o alloc.o defaults.o fnmatch.o
snprintf.o    -lsocket -lnsl
__inet_addr                         parse.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to sudo
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [sudo] Error 1

  Anybody have an idea???

  Please reply to lcroker at megared.net.mx because I'm not suscribed in the