Sudo access control

Kamal, Nasir Nasir.Kamal at Paytrust.com
Mon Jan 8 09:31:11 EST 2001

My environment variable PATH And MANPATH are set to these, (remember visudo
is in /usr/local/sbin in my system) and man visudo is working fine.

echo $PATH
/opt/local/bin:/etc:/bin:/usr/bin:/opt/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/ucb:/sbin:/usr/
sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:/usr/opt/SUNWmd/sbin:/usr/dt/bin:/usr/u
cb:/opt/GCC281/bin:/usr/java/bin:/opt/proctool/bin:/usr/openv/netbackup/bin:
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd:.
echo $MANPATH
/usr/local/man:/usr/man:/usr/openwin/man:/opt/openv/man:/opt/VRTSvxvm/man:/o
pt/VRTSvmsa/man

Check whether your man pages of sudo are in /usr/local/man....?
Nasir Kamal
Paytrust
(609)-720-1818 x. 1608
Pay your bills in nanoseconds
http://www.paytrust.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Masuta, Paul [mailto:PMasuta at fnb.co.za]
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2001 5:10 AM
To: sudo-users at courtesan.com
Subject: Sudo access control

Hi;

I have successfully run 'make install' and I am still not clear with a
couple of things.
1. How do I get my sudo man pages to work? ie man visudo etc.
2. I know I am supposed to now edit my sudoers file after running 'make
install'. But how then does sudo globally controll access on my box. i.e If
a person logs on , do they now logon to native unix or first the sudoers
file. Is access to the box then strictly controlled by sudo and if so how
does it do that?
3. Is it not possible for someone to twitch sudo and still get onto the
system.

Thanx for your

Paul Masuta
First National Bank