Newbie question about sudo and 'rm'

Palmer, Gregg Gregg.Palmer at infores.com
Mon Jul 2 13:30:38 EDT 2001

 Hello,
 Is there a way, in sudo, to allow a user to run 'rm' only in certain
directories? For example, a user would be able to run:
 rm /okaydir/any_root_owned_file' but not 'rm /baddir/any_root_owned file'.
I included the 'any' because the name of the file would almost always be
different. We obviously don't want the sudo user to remove system stuff, but
they would need to be able to remove stuff in certain directories.

 Or do I need to write a wrapper script that checks the path before
executing the rm?

thanks,
ghp