sudoers file in an NFS

gregor.bekker at nl.abnamro.com gregor.bekker at nl.abnamro.com
Fri Jun 1 02:31:52 EDT 2001

Message: 2
From: "Guthzeit, Max (OTS-EDH)" <max_guthzeit at billing.com>
To: "'sudo-users at courtesan.com'" <sudo-users at courtesan.com>
Subject: placing sudoers in NFS mounted directory
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 10:23:37 -0700

Are there any known issues, security or otherwise, with placing the sudoers
file in an NFS mounted directory?  this would eliminate the need to update
sudoers file on a plethora of machines everytime a change is made to the
file.

Appreciate any answers,

Thanks,

Not that troublesome. We use a simple script that syncs the file on the
complete production platform after every  update.
You can use rsync, rcp or an ftp script. I'm not so enthousiastic on
placing this on an nfs system. One flaunt in perfection and no one is able
to do their job without some hassle.

Gregor Bekker, SSCSE SA
ABN-AMRO Amsterdam
Dept. IB. ITS&S, SDI/3