NFS sudo

a blob of green gelatin jello at lava.net
Wed Jun 6 14:17:15 EDT 2001

Yeah, I agree.   I tried to get it working over NFS but (luckily?)
couldn't get it to work.  I emailed here for help and got none, so I just
went with the rdist/scp method of pushing it out.

Things worked after that and now I don't care (sudo-wise ;) if my network
goes down.   :)

jello

> This is a very poor idea.
> We use one central sudoers file and them push it out from a trusted host
> via scp using our own scripting.
> If your sudoers file resides on a server and is used via nfs, then what
> if a network problem occurs.
> I think you can see the potential for disaster.

----

I'm a free-range carnivore.