Strange error

Heikki Korpela heko at saitti.net
Fri Jun 8 05:30:34 EDT 2001

On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, Emil Isberg wrote:

> Note that this will only remove every file (or directory) (whose name
> does not begining with .) under the timestampdir.

> Perhaps you ment
> rm -rf $timestampdir
> instead?

No. The rm was there just to make sure no user was able to place
their own timestamps in the directory while it was "out of order".
The directory itself is *supposed* to be there for sudo timestamps
to properly work.

rm -rf will go happily on if the directory isn't there, as will
mkdir -p if the directory still is there, on any Unix implementation
I have used.

Usernames starting with a dot are a remote possibility on Unix,
but I guess they're possible and it's also possible that some sysadmin
might have forgotten about their security implications. My bad.

--
                   Heikki Korpela -- heko at saitti.net