getting a custom vi

Tim Olson tolson at unionsemiconductor.com
Tue Jun 26 15:54:04 EDT 2001

With all the talk about what people could do with "vi" when it is used
with sudo, I'm thinking I might try to compile my own version of
vi that doesn't allow shell access and some of the other things.
Where could I get the source for this?   Also, does "Vim" have
the same operational concerns?  If not, could Vim be used and
linked in place of vi so that users actually use Vim?

The reason I ask this is because I only use the basic functionality
of vi right now, and I do have some /bin/vi references in sudoers.

Tim Olson