getting a custom vi

Brian Birkinbine bbirkinbine at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 27 11:03:43 EDT 2001

The vi that comes with OpenBSD has the following option that might help
you.  Just make sure the vi is called with -S for any vi commands run
via sudo

       -S     Run with the secure edit  option  set,  disallowing
              all access to external programs.

I believe the vi version that OpenBSD uses is called nvi (Berkely VI
editor)
http://www.bostic.com/vi/