one day, sudo stopped asking...

Anderson Mills nodog at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Mar 2 12:28:31 EST 2001

For no reason that I remember, one day, sudo stopped asking me for a
password.  Now, many frustrated hours later, sudo still won't ask me
for a password, and I don't know how to fix it.

I've tried to remove my timestamp with `sudo -K'.
I've added a "defaults authenticate" line to my /etc/sudoers file.
I've even removed my /tmp/.odus and /var/run/sudo directories, to see
if I could cause trouble.
I even tried the completely non-unix approach of deinstalling and
reinstalling the program to no avail.

Help!  How do I get sudo to ask me for a password again?

I'm on a debian 2.2 Linux system.

Anderson Mills
<nodog at mail.utexas.edu>
967D C050 6B03 8917 87A4  0354 0FE7 E431 4E7D A7F5