sudoers parsing order

Steve Freed sfreed at ilm.com
Mon Mar 5 20:10:35 EST 2001

Hello,

I've been looking through the docs but can't seem to find a definitive
answer to my question. ...It may be there and I'm just not seeing it.

If I have a large and complicated sudoers file and I have something
like:

    sfreed  ALL  = (root)  /bin/ls

and then later I have

    sfreed  otherhost = (ALL !root) /bin/ls

Which takes precedence? First match? Last Match? Unpredictable? This is
a pretty simple example compared to what I'm really dealing with, since
by the time I get to user specifications, it's pretty much all aliases.

TIA for any info,

Steve.