sudo from a trusted host: it asks for a password

Tony Tran tonytran1 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 23 20:42:27 EST 2001

Hello sudo guru:

How do I turn off the flag where sudo asking for a
the password when I rsh from a trusted host?

trusted host-> sudo rsh myhost
without tcp wrapper: it asks for my password
with the tcp wrapper: it says:

Protocol error, myhost closed connection

This "myhost" is a Sun Solaris 2.5.1 which has the
tcp wrapper and sudo 1.54 installed

when I am in "myhost" as root and rsh to itself it
also says:
Protocol error, myhost closed connection

Here is a sample of my /etc/inet/inetd.conf file:

shell   stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd
 in.rshd

I also have this line in /etc/default login disabled:
#CONSOLE=/dev/console

What can I fix so that it won't ask for a password
when I sudo rsh to "myhost" or fix the Protocol error.

Thanks,
Tony Tran
email: tonytran1 at yahoo.com