Limiting root su on Solaris?

dbukchin dbukchin at micron.com
Mon Mar 26 16:15:28 EST 2001

I've implemented something like this. Here is the script:

#!/bin/sh
trap " " 2 3
if [ "$1" = "" ]
then
	echo
	echo "Usage: /usr/userscripts/usershell <username>"
	echo "To exit usershell type "exit" at the command line"
	echo
else
case "$1" in
ben | judy | ted | hendrik | bill | hema | julie | timmy | henry | marry |
david | perry )
	su - $1;;
*)
	echo User is not in the list;;
esac
trap 2 3
fi

You can modify this script according to your needs.
In sudoers just give your users access to this file.

David.