Question about Sudo

Bjorn Ove Grotan bgrotan at clustra.com
Mon Oct 8 08:49:26 EDT 2001

On Mon, 8 Oct 2001, Espen Martinsen wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm quite new tu Sudo, and have a question:
>
> Is Sudo cabable of solving this:
>
> a user "xxx" needs to do copy'ing with root's rights but only as long as
> the source/target directory is
> below /aaa/bbb/ccc
You can make a single user able to do a single job/command as root or as
any other prefered user. So the answer to your question would be .. ta-ta
"yes"

Sudo is your friend! :)

Bjørn Ove Grøtan                phone: +47 7384 2181
IS Engineer                     fax:   +47 7384 2101
Clustra AS
The innovator of proven, next-generation, zero-downtime database systems