Question about sudoers file and host specific command aliases.

Clark, Michael mclark at Corio.com
Tue Oct 9 14:44:04 EDT 2001

I am trying to figure out how the best way would be to accomplish the
following.  I would appreciate your input on it.

There are commands for netscape that are on each system that need to be run
as root via sudo but the problem is that they do not have a common pathname.

Cmnd_Alias  NETSCAPE=/opt/product/netscape/server4/bin/admin/admconfig,
    /opt/product/netscape/server4/https-myhost.domain.com/restart,\
    /opt/product/netscape/server4/https-myhost.domain.com/rotate,\
    /opt/product/netscape/server4/https-myhost.domain.com/start,\
    /opt/product/netscape/server4/https-myhost.domain.com/stop

Is there a way to replace myhost in these command with a program `hostname`
or someway to have the hostname dynamic without using wildcards?

Thanks.

----
Michael E. Clark
602-617-6768