how to enable sudo X-window

mackay at kodak.com mackay at kodak.com
Fri Sep 14 07:11:10 EDT 2001

From: Scott D. MacKay

Hello!
I am not sure exactly what your question is.  SUDO does not rely on
X-Windows in any way;  it simply enables you to run a commands as another
user or root.  If you want to compile the basic SUDO with normal
functionallity, just run:

./configure
make
make install

It will do all the base assumptions for compilation.  You can read the
INSTALL file and it does go through pretty well for a basic SUDO
configuration.

The latest release of SUDO is 1.6.3p7.

Looking at your questions, are you sure the package you are looking at is
SUDO and not SSH?  Just wondering, with the questions about X support and
remote execution...

-Scott

"YANGHO/YANG, H. HOWARD (ISDC-OCHL/SHA)" <YANGHO at OOCL.COM> wrote:
Hello sudo users,

Now I want to a question how to use X-windows package to configure sudo?

I use "./configugre --enable-FEATURE --with-PACKAGE" command to try, but no
effect.

My sudo version is 1.6.2p1, the newest version support X function?

By the way, how to control excuting romote machine's command as a peer user
using sudo?
Thanks and Best Regards
Howard Yang
Tel:(86-21)62794567-7562