Using sudo in scripts

Brent Fortman Brent.Fortman at radioshack.com
Wed Aug 7 17:18:20 EDT 2002

The way you are running it, it appears to be working correctly.  Restated,
"sudo test.mnu" will execute the entire script as root.  This means, clear,
echo, ls, ps, mount, and everything in that script file will run as root and
therefore does not need to be defined in the sudoers file.  The only sudoers
definition you need is:
gcall   ALL=/home/gcall/test.mnu
If you were to attempt to run each command separately, from the command line
(as root), you would then have to define each command in the sudoers file.

If you want to allow and deny certain users privilege to run say
"/bin/mount" from the menu system.  Let the users execute test.mnu from
their own userid (not using sudo) and then use sudo on each command inside
the script (as you mentioned doing earlier).

Brent